[time-nuts] (no subject)

David Hilton-Jones David.Hilton-Jones at clneuro.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jun 30 12:28:07 UTC 2009

I am not very much interested in how it is achieved, but wonder if a
10MHz oscillator locked to GPS is now available as "plug&play" rather
than needing a lot of time/effort/building.

I note the Thunderbolt units available from the Far East on ebay
for~£80gbp. Are these really P&P - that is, just connect PSU and
aerial and out comes 10MHz locked to GPS? Is it necessary to connect to
a computer via the RS232 link, or is that just there if you want to
fiddle and be clever?

If so, then this may be preferrable to running my rubidium source
continuously.

What I am interested in is stability, not ultiamte accuracy.

As always, sorry for the naivety of the question.

Thanks

David, G4YTL