[time-nuts] GPS antenna installation problem

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Mar 2 01:15:02 UTC 2009

> Two or one tee connectors will allow the cable to exit and reenter. If
> your side arm is using a elbow now replace it with a tee.

Thanks, but I don't picture what you are trying to describe.

Are you talking about tees and elbows in the pipe or cable?

I was thinking of the simple case with only a simple vertical pipe to a
single antenna, no side arms.

Maybe the answer is that you can't support the cable in the really simple
case of one vertical pipe with the antenna on top.  If you want to support
the cable you have to have some other setup so you can get at the cable.

How about a different question?  How much cable can a connector support?

How would I support a cable anyway?  I'm thinking of something like a Chinese
finger trap with a string on one end that gets attached to a string.  Are
there cable clamp gizmos that are tight enough to grab but loose enough not
to distort the cable and also work over temperature cycling and ...

Is low loss coax stiff enough that I can support it from the bottom and push
it up into a pipe?  (I'm assuming the pipe is narrow enough and/or the coax
is stiff enough to hold the coax in place.)