[time-nuts] pi Day

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Wed Mar 4 08:45:05 UTC 2009

In message: <49AE3360.4000906 at tiscali.co.uk>
            Dave Ackrill <dave.g0dja at tiscali.co.uk> writes:
: Steve Rooke wrote:
: > 2009/3/4 Dave Ackrill <dave.g0dja at tiscali.co.uk>:
:
: >> When do we get to the 14th month?  ;-)
: >
: > Don't have to, we can get to the 1st month, January.
: >
:
: OK, that gets us to 3/1 but where does the '4' come from?  If you want
: to count 4am, then you have to ignore the leading zero, even allowing
: for not using leading zeros in the day and month that doesn't feel quite
: right.
:
: At least with the American version you can have 3/14 15:00 before the
: sequence breaks down...  Or, 3/14 20:00 if you decide to round up the
: third decimal place.
:
: I guess you could go to 3/1/4159 but that's a bit of a wait to have a pie.

Clearly people aren't seeing the on "universal" pi day of the year.
That would be DOY 314...

:)

Warner