[time-nuts] GPS disciplined mechanical clocks

Don Latham djl at montana.com
Wed Mar 4 19:21:37 UTC 2009

I've driven "quartz movement" clocks with one pps signals, bypassing the
"quartz" works. To synchronize pendula (?) is relatively simple, but best
done using a mechanical/magnetic impulse phase locked loop, considering
the pendulum as a VCO.
BTW, I recommend Stephenson's new effort, "Anathem" loosely based on the
clock of the Long Now Foundation, q.v.
Don Latham

Rob Kimberley