[time-nuts] Hand Held GPS

paul at greenrover.demon.co.uk paul at greenrover.demon.co.uk
Fri Mar 27 08:52:25 UTC 2009

Apologies as this is a little off topic - I hope some of the gps experts
here may be able to offer a quick answer.

I'm looking for a handheld gps with an external antenna connector that
will supply 5v to the antenna.

In the past units like the Garmin GPS 3 & V have been successful for us
but are no longer available.

The units are to be used by site technicians for navigation to site but
an important function is a quick go/no go testing of site fixed
antennas, modern units seem to supply just 3v dc and more often have no
antenna connector.

Test receivers are ok but often the guy is on Ski's or foot and the less
he has to carry the better.

TIA

regards Paul

--