[time-nuts] Actual life time of a Datum LPRO-101?

Neville Michie namichie at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 10:17:39 UTC 2009

they finish their life when the lamp fades out.
When you stoke it up there is a lamp monitoring voltage that
is about 10 volts when new but drops below 4 volts at end of life.
Otherwise, if it will lock on it is probably a good unit. New users
tend not to understand that the frequency trim only covers a range
of a few millihertz, which is quite enough to set them right.
I have seen comments like" it does not respond to the frequency trim..."
by users that are used to OCXO standards.
The manual is around.
Cheers, Neville Michie