[time-nuts] state of the art devide by ten

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Mon Mar 30 12:04:58 UTC 2009

Do you mean one should use SiGe ECL (or CML) D flipflops or higher
performance devices for the output synchronisers?
It would surely be a little difficult to justify this given the
relatively noisy outputs of most rubidium sources.

A 74HC4017 has a symmetric 1:1 mark space ratio divide by ten output.
So in this respect its just as suitable as a 74XX90 for this task.

Bruce