[time-nuts] PIC Divider Performance (was Re: time-nuts Digest, Vol 56, Issue 71)

Pete peterawson at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 31 01:39:35 UTC 2009

John,

Thanks for sharing your experimental results.

I am surprised that the PIC divider outputs were
85 ms apart when driven from the same source. I
am ignorant of their internal workings, but I would
expect the jitter results to be significantly impacted
by this.

Any thoughts on the origin of the 85 ms differential?
Might this be a trigger point anomaly? (seems too big!)

Resolving this difference should be interesting.

Pete Rawson