[time-nuts] PIC Divider Performance (was Re: time-nuts Digest, Vol 56, Issue 71)

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Tue Mar 31 05:29:50 UTC 2009

In message <49D16637.60502 at febo.com>, John Ackermann N8UR writes:

>Therefore, the PIC divider is a bit above the 5370B noise floor, but not
>much.

Many years ago, I did a similar experiment, but to eliminate the
timebases from the measurement I used the PPS output as start
and the 10MHz input frequency as stop.

That way only the delay & jitter of the PPSDIV is measured (+ cables
& counters obviously).

The result were of similar magnitude.

Poul-Henning