[time-nuts] Kindle and HP service manuals ?

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Mon May 11 20:37:24 UTC 2009

phk at phk.freebsd.dk writes:

I tried  the other day to follow a calibration procedure in a HP
service manual and  was severely tempted to print all the 350 pages
of it because clearly using  pdf files on a laptop sucks when you
have one hand on the  probe...

Has anybody tried if amazons's Kindle is any good for such use  ?

I know the display is around 200 dpi resolution, but I wonder  if
the screen-size is too small for it to matter  ?

Not sure about the Kindle but I was very tempted by Sony's ebook reader a
while back for use with pdf manuals.

However, a bit of online research suggested it can only zoom text  and not
graphics, which would be a severe limitation with technical  manuals.

regards

Nigel
GM8PZR