[time-nuts] Kindle and HP service manuals ?

Robert Darlington rdarlington at gmail.com
Mon May 11 20:43:36 UTC 2009

I don't know the Kindle, so please forgive me if I'm speaking out of turn.
I have the Sony PRS-500.  It is way too slow to use with PDF files.  Page
turns on all of these devices take roughly 1 second with ordinary ebook
files, which makes it nearly impossible to flip through reference material.
PDF files on mine take closer to 4 seconds to turn.  That being said, the
new Kindle may be faster.

The text quality is outstanding though, and looks even better in direct
sunlight.  NOT at all like an LCD.

-Bob