[time-nuts] Kindle and HP service manuals ?

W4wj at aol.com W4wj at aol.com
Tue May 12 16:30:49 UTC 2009

Here is your KindleDX info:

_http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0015TCML0/?tag=googhydr-20&hvadid=3482997509&ref=
pd_sl_19djrsy7gv_e_
(http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0015TCML0/?tag=googhydr-20&hvadid=3482997509&ref=pd_sl_19djrsy7gv_e)

73, Don, W4WJ

In a message dated 5/12/2009 11:25:07 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
W4wj at aol.com writes:

I have  the Kindle2 but have not taken any pdf files  across...

In order  to "see" pdf's on a K2...   You have  to send them thru
Amazon.com, where they will be "converted" and sent along to  the  K2...

Unlike buying a book where there is no download (3G)   charge...  There is
charge for the transmission of pdf and  Word  docs.

FYI, the NEWEST Kindle, the KindleDX, with a 9.7 inch  screen,  will become
available in the near future.  I don't know  if it will take  pdf's
directly
thru the USB port.  Google  search will give you the latest  "intel!"

Page changes on the K2  are quite fast...   Complete  book downloads happen
in less  than a minute...  Great out in the  sunlight...   1.5Gb  storage...
Good battery life...    270K+ books   available...   Books can be ordered
direct from the K2 screen,  or via  your normal computer...  MP3 files can
be
sent directly  to the K2 via the  USB and played thru the stereo speakers
while you  read...  You can also  surf the net from the K2...   the  screen
is 3.5
x 4.75  inches...   Text size adjustable over  6 sizes...   Text to  speech
converter
(still being fine  tuned!!)

Any K2 questions?  Let me know...

73, Don,  W4WJ

In a message dated 5/12/2009 1:40:48 A.M. Central Daylight  Time,