[time-nuts] Linux time servers

Robert Darlington rdarlington at gmail.com
Thu May 14 21:23:58 UTC 2009

RedHat in the 90s was terrible.  It's much better now.

Last thing I read about ntp was that it was kind of broken for high
precision stuff on Linux and people tend to use FreeBSD.  I duplicated the
work of one of the time-nuts by following his site here:

http://www.febo.com/pages/soekris/

Even with all of the details there it still required a great effort on my
part to get things up and running to where I have them now.  If you decide
to go this route I will be more than happy to send you a copy of the image
on my CF card so that you'll have a working system out of the box.  I had to
recompile ntp because the current FreeBSD distro didn't have support for
something (NMEA I think, of all things!).

-Bob