[time-nuts] HP 5370B vs SR620

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Wed May 20 00:44:44 UTC 2009

Jim Palfreyman skrev:
> No I haven't. What does this mod do?

Disabling the 10 MHz presence detector that spews out wideband 5 MHz and
lots of overtone noise on among other things the 10 MHz output.

I did a very simple short which brings one of the transistors out of
bias and thus disabling the detector. All the detector does is to lit a
LED for you when you have the hood open to do maintainence, so it is
fairly safe to do it.

Cheers,
Magnus