[time-nuts] 5070B once more.... (actually 5370A fans)

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Fri May 22 21:04:19 UTC 2009

In message <4A170DA2.3080201 at rubidium.dyndns.org>, Magnus Danielson writes:
>Hal Murray skrev:

>There are being books written about this. One that I have found being a
>fairly short but useful one is the AT&T Reliability Manual.

It is worth pointing out that a very large fraction of all electronics
failures are not semiconductors but electrolytic capacitors.

People are often astonished when I tell them, that a "long life"
electrolytic capacitor is one which will last one year at its rated
temperature, whereas a standard consumer-grade will last only a
month.

To add insult to injury, many of them have rated temperatures of
only 85°C and much of the discount electrocrap uses 55°C grade.

Poul-Henning