[time-nuts] Batteries on aircraft

Robert Atkinson robert8rpi at yahoo.co.uk
Sat May 23 12:58:20 UTC 2009

Hi,
There is a general exemption from the hazardous goods regulations for non-spillable batteries that are installed in equipment. Sealed Lead acids are also exempt if in the original packaging. There have been changes recently on the quantity of lithium in batteries aircraft. Unfortunately they don't mark the lithium content on the batteries so it's hard to tell if they are compliant or not!

Robert G8RPI
JAA licensed avionics engineer.