[time-nuts] Calculating frequency differences using Lissajou figures

WB6BNQ wb6bnq at cox.net
Sun Nov 8 00:04:39 UTC 2009

Mark Amos wrote:

> Time-Nuts,
>
> snip
>
> In this case the period between in-phase and in-phase is 182 seconds yielding a rotation frequency of 5.5 mHz.  So, is 5.5 mHz the frequency difference between the two 10 MHz
> oscillators? Or am I missing something obvious?
>
> Thanks, in advance,
>
> Mark

Silly question but I thought I would ask just the same.

By in phase to in phase, and to make it clear, you did mean IF you selected the slant figure that went from bottom left to upper right, as the start point, that you only counted
the time until it returned to the same position ?  In otherwords you ignored the slant from upper left to lower right (the 180 degree position) while counting the rotation ?

Bill....WB6BNQ