[time-nuts] OT - Tek 7L18 ROM

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Mon Nov 9 13:12:54 UTC 2009

Hi Dave,

That is an issue that needs to be re-emphasized.  You can't read
the EPROMS in a 7L18 without using multiple rail supplies.  +5V
alone won't do it.

Also, the 7L18 draws too much power for any of the 4 slot scopes.
In spite of what the manual says, It is designed to operate in one
frame only, the 7603.

The biggest problem I found with mine was the tantalum electrolytic
caps on the mother board kept failing.  Also there are a pair of
shottky RF diodes being used as +/- 15V power supply isolation diodes on
the YIG oscillator that fail, killing the phase lock capabilities.
They need to be replaced with some real diodes ;-)

-Chuck Harris