[time-nuts] The Demise of LORAN (was Re: Reference oscillator accuracy)

Robert Atkinson robert8rpi at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Nov 15 10:28:22 UTC 2009

I agree with the commitment comment. Here in the UK we were just starting to see affordable Decca Navigator receivers using mdern (microprocessor) technology when they shut the system down. I prsonally think that the big driver is that the military don't use LORAN. They have GPS and inertial (ships as well as aircraft, even some land vehicles) and are content to let LORAN go.

Robert G8RPI.