[time-nuts] The Demise of LORAN (was Re: Reference oscillator accuracy)

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Mon Nov 16 02:21:11 UTC 2009

Didier

As jammers those devices are extremely inefficient.
They may well rely on the inefficient generation and radiation of a very
high order harmonic of the clock of an unshielded legal device.

A commercial GPS receiver may require a signal as small as 60dB (depends
on the operating mode, and receiver design) above the GPS signal at the
receiver input.
An ERP of a few microwatts should suffice to achieve the claimed range.

Bruce