[time-nuts] Dual Mixer

Alan Melia alan.melia at btinternet.com
Mon Nov 16 15:41:37 UTC 2009

Mmmm I think you are comparing with cheapie "computer grade crystals". That
price of $12 is pretty much in line with charges for "made to measure"
crystals in the UK at £7 to £8 (GBP) each (3rd or 5th OT) some discount for
quantities over 10. These would be on spec and of commercial quality,
suitable for instance for radio applications. Computer grade cystals can be
ok for some applications but are generally of a much lower standard of
quality. There is much lower demand for crystals since all radio use
sythersisers now and a lot of companies have gone out of business because to
total market is much smaller.

If cheapies will suit and 80MHz is not available you could always use 40MHz
which I think is in the range and use a low noise doubler ??

Alan G3NYK