[time-nuts] MTBF (was Rubidium standard)

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Wed Nov 18 23:24:55 UTC 2009

Hi Bob,

I read this was done only on Block-1 systems. In Block-2 (the units that
actually carried humans) they had all attitude thrusters, and the main engine
 control done by the computer itself. No spares or backup control systems
for the  thrusters!

No CM computer, no return to earth. I think this is also discussed in  the
movie Apollo 13.

bye,
Said

In a message dated 11/18/2009 15:17:59 Pacific Standard Time,