[time-nuts] Thunderbolt reception problems

J. L. Trantham jltran at worldnet.att.net
Sun Nov 22 04:20:37 UTC 2009

I think I was the one that started this.

My problem was the Tbolt did not work when connected to the Symmetricom
splitter alone (except for the antenna of course) but worked great when the
splitter was also connected to a Z3816A.  I think it must have to do with
lack of appropriate power from the Tbolt to power the splitter though I have
not taken any detailed measurements.

If anyone wants a particular measurement, let me know.

I contacted Symmetricom to try to get a schematic of the splitter without
any luck.

Joe