[time-nuts] EROS Oscillators

Murray Greenman Murray.Greenman at rakon.com
Mon Nov 23 18:52:26 UTC 2009

EROS is an abbreviation used by the Electronic Research Company. They
used to be in Overland Park, KS, USA. They made OCXOs for government and
space applications. I have some of their 5MHz devices which were widely
used in Transit (pre-GPS) satellite navigation receivers. These OCXOs
were fixed (mechanically adjustable) but had very low ageing.

The ERC OCXOs typically had "EROS" part numbers. I guess it stands for
Electronic Research OScillator?

I think the company is now known as Inficon - see
http://www.electrodynamics.com/

73,
Murray ZL1BPU