[time-nuts] Thunderbolt reception problems

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Tue Nov 24 04:57:08 UTC 2009

> Standard deviation is 7.6ns, and the mean is 1.5ns. Peak to
> Peak is ~ -15ns to +19ns.
>
> I was hoping for slightly better. Not sure who is the better of
> the two (yet).
>
> Bye,
> Said

Remember the phase plot that you made is the combined phase
wander of both GPSDO: the PRS10/M12 and the TBolt. It could
be that the performance of either one individually is slightly better
that what you see in your plot, even if they are running off the
same antenna.

To be sure you would make a run of each against a 3rd standard.
Cesium would be good. But lacking that, either GPSDO in free-run
mode might shed a little light on the situation. Especially the PRS10
alone vs. the TBolt. TBolt free-run, and TBolt gps-locked.

Let me see if I have PRS10/M12 data somewhere.

/tvb