[time-nuts] Tbolt instability

Connie Marshall connie.marshall at suddenlink.net
Fri Oct 9 00:42:29 UTC 2009

>13) The default TC is way too slow, I've found 500 sec with a damping of
1.5 NOW works good for me.
>Without the TLC modes, It is safest to leave it at its default of 100 sec
and 1.2.

Here is a plot showing switching from a TC=100 to TC=400
Notice that the jumps in frequency which are more noticeable at TC=400, are
probably caused by the 1 degree sensor in this tbolt.
http://www.k5cm.com/z3801%20vs%20various.htm

I will put up a plot showing the Tblot in hold over a little later. The
short term in hold over looks better, but as you mention there is sometimes
a large jump in frequency when it goes into hold over.

Regards,

Connie
K5CM