Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 12 09:56:19 UTC 2009

The next version uses fixed pitch fonts...  none of that pesky shifting around of columns of data.   Everything lines up in neat little stable rows.  (and I did get an 8x12 font...  I just cut down the 8x14 one... it was mostly an 8x11 font with three rows of filler).

The current version uses an 8x8 variable pitch font with four rows of filler.   A variable pitch font is just not suited well to the task of displaying neat columns of data.  And that 8x8 font gets a little squinty on large screens...

-PS to Mark Sims:  I like the latest beta version of Heather a lot especially the satellite map improvements.  Could I also suggest you always display the clock bias to three decimals to reduce dancing.