[time-nuts] Getting GPIB to work on HP5382B Universal counter

Jerome Peters jpeters at nvidia.com
Tue Oct 13 18:37:34 UTC 2009

Hello,

I'd very much appreciate any help that I can get in setting up a HP5328B to communicate over GPIB.
The goal is to log/graph the frequency over time of various VFO's projects I'm working on.

I am using the Agilent 82357A USB to GPIB Interface, I have the manual for the counter, so I know some of the basic GPIB commands.
I've downloaded the Agilent IO Libraries Suite 15.5 and it looks like I can send simple commands to the counter, but I am not having any luck reading from the counter.

I'd like to use Visual Basic to send commands and receive the frequency measurements... but need some HP5328B specific libraries?

Thanks/Best Regards,
Jerome
KC6ENE