[time-nuts] Lady Heather wants to know: How big is your tube?

Russell Rezaian rrezaian at motorola.com
Thu Oct 15 14:21:31 UTC 2009

Most common screen resolutions for me:

4x3 aspect ratio:
1280x1024
1600x1200

16x10 aspect ratio
1920x1200
2560x1600

The 1920x1200 is a 16x10 ration, which seems to be more common that
then TV 16x9 ratio that gives you 1920x1080.  I remeber one person
posting that his computer was TV 16x9 resolution, but most of the
wide screen Computer monitors I have seen are actually 16x10.  16x9
computer displays do exist, but seem to be rare in my experience
(unless you hook your computer to your TV).

The 2560x1600 is the normal "native" resolution of the 30" panels,
and this seems to be the largest "common" computer resolution that
most people will see.  Larger screens exist, but are not normally
consumer friendly.  The 30" panels have been getting much cheaper of
late though. :)
--
Russell