[time-nuts] Gold plating on aluminum

Nic McLean mcleann at bigpond.com
Tue Oct 20 19:25:08 UTC 2009

Corby,
If you wish to do it yourself have a look at the products from Spa Plating
at http://www.goldn.co.uk/. I use their products they are really cool.
I have no other interest in this company or their Australian subsidury other
than being a satisfied customer.
Best 73's
Nic
VK2KXN / VK5ZAT

Hi,

I am working on a project to plate the lamp reflector in an HP 5065A with
gold. The existing reflector is aluminum. What little I can find suggests
that in addition to some preliminary plating the layer just below the
gold should be nickel as the mirror operates at a high temperature (100
deg C). Does anyone know of a company that can do this plating for me?

Thanks,

Corby Dawson