[time-nuts] Adret 4101A, the DCF77 and a good antenna

Alan Melia alan.melia at btinternet.com
Wed Oct 21 09:14:02 UTC 2009

Hi Magnus I was not sure whether the 4101A would go up that far. I had not
noticed the news about HBG.  That is a disappointment, particularly with the
number of "radio clocks" around in "domestic" use, and from the "Land of
Clocks" too.

Someone mentioned a screened loop in copper pipe. Screening loops at this
frequency gives little advantage and the extra stray capacitance can degrade
the performance. An open loop works just as well (and is much easier to
build for a trial) the problem usually comes from common mode pick-up on the
feeder to the receiver. This is often best combatted by careful balancing,
or transformer isolation.

Alan G3NYK