[time-nuts] Thunderbolt and serial mouse

Dave Baxter dave at uk-ar.co.uk
Mon Oct 26 13:20:03 UTC 2009

The "/NoSerialMice" thing in Boot.ini appears to work for me on Win2k
and XP, just fine, with all sorts of devices that are permanently
attached to a com port.   (Without any extra parameters, it will not
look for rodents on any "serial" port, according to MS's blurb.)

The registry settings would posibly more permanent, but take a lot more
detective work to figure out "exactly" what to tweak.  And if you touch
the wrong nerve.......

The problem with disabling what Windows thinks is a serial mouse in the
Device Manager (Control pannel, System, Hardware, Device manager) can
also disable that COM port for any other use too, as I've found to my
great frustration in the past.

Regards.

Dave B.
Win3x, 9x, 2k, XP and an odd flavor or two now of Linux & BSD.