[time-nuts] HP E2050A LAN/HPIB Gateway

Adrian rfnuts at arcor.de
Tue Sep 1 22:43:01 UTC 2009

Matt,

I have the E5810A manual (that can be downloaded from Agilent).
Thought it wouldn't work, but...

Finally, I found the E2050A default IP address 192.0.0.192 somewhere on
the web.
Then I connected the E2050A and my PC directly, using a crossover cable.
Some important instructions are on p. 49 of the E5810A manual...
Enter in a DOS window:  route add <192.0.0.192> <PC IP-Address>
 From that point I got access to the configuration utility via Telnet
(must be activated, btw.).
I assigned a fixed IP address etc. on my router and entered it into the
E2050A.
Exit the Telnet utility with 'reboot' to save the changes.
Connect the E2050A with a non crossover cable to the local network,
cycle power, and it works!

As usual, the biggest headache was to get the basic communication
established...

I'd still be interested in the original manual, but I'm happy it works
without.

Adrian