[time-nuts] LPRO Heat Sink?

J. L. Trantham jltran at worldnet.att.net
Wed Sep 23 14:43:41 UTC 2009

The heat sink requirements are in the LPRO manual that is available on the
net.  My recollection is that the sink would require fins unless it was
monstrously thick.  The requirement is to keep the base plate less than 70
degrees C and the manual says this will require a heat sink with a thermal
resistance of less than 2 degrees C per Watt in order to achieve this in an
environment up to 50 degrees C.

You can, however, turn it on to check it for a few minutes, without a heat
sink attached.

Joe