[time-nuts] 4046 variations (was EPE GPS....)

Javier Herrero jherrero at hvsistemas.es
Sun Sep 27 19:00:56 UTC 2009

Yes, I'm also familiarized with space qualified EEE components, and
lately I hear the word "heritage" more frequently that I would like ;)
The only design I've made for aircraft electronics was for a commercial
aircraft application, and the components selection was a lot less
restringent than for space (I think also that the system for which I
worked was also not classified as very critical), so perhaps the
decision to use a 4046 at its limit was driven by that heritage reasons,
and that really there was not too much better things around :) The
venerable 4046 has been around for quite a long time...

Regards,

Javier