[time-nuts] Symmetricom 5115

Jeffrey Pawlan jpawlan at pawlan.com
Wed Apr 7 21:52:26 UTC 2010

Dear Nicholas,

Thank you for getting this discussion back to technical aspects related our
real quest for technical information.

Please look in your actual documentation for the current model 5125 and
confirm its actual specs. I had read some specs on the Symmetricom website
but I do not know for which model. Although automated and easy to use, I
remember that the phase noise floor was lackluster and makes me think that
this may be fine for very close-in measurments but not for the usual 100Hz
to 100KHz offset measurments. Please let us know what you find with this
equipment.

Regards,

Jeffrey Pawlan