[time-nuts] L1/L2 RX

bg at lysator.liu.se bg at lysator.liu.se
Thu Apr 8 19:52:31 UTC 2010

Hi Had,

> Hi gang,
>
> Definite fishing expedition here.
>
> Since I picked up the AntCom L1/L2 Choke Ring Antenna I have been
> looking around for an L1/L2 receiver to go with. No luck at all
> unless I want to layout multi K bucks for a real RTK receiver, which
> isn't going happen. So has anybody got anything, at "time-nuts"
> pricing, I might be able to acquire? Obviously this is for amateur
> time/position experimentation.
>
> Thanks
> Had
> K7MLR

The big slow river of surplus does have GPS receivers. As with other stuff
there are shops trying to sell at or above list prices. What do you want
to do? A really good position for your new AntCom? A receiver with
external frequency input? 1pps output for some GPSDO projects?

It is possible to find receivers in the $100 to $500 interval. However
look out for cables fitting your receiver too. They often use hard to find
watertight connectors, that can be expensive to buy.

Look for dual frequency Ashtech, Novatel, Trimble, Sokkia, Leica, Topcon,
Javad, etc...

Look for example in the file linked below for hints on current and old
dual frequency (and some older L1-only) receivers.

    ftp://igscb.jpl.nasa.gov/igscb/station/general/rcvr_ant.tab

Good luck!

--

    Björn