[time-nuts] Yukon Energy causes time sync problems

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Sat Apr 10 12:49:51 UTC 2010

Hi

Back in high school (electricity had indeed been invented) somebody noticed that you could actually watch an electric line clock slow down / speed up by a fraction of a second around 5 pm. All you needed to see it was WWVB and a clock with a nice big second hand. Get is set right on at 4 pm and it would be off by 5 pm. It would catch back up again later in the evening.

For the curious, this was after the area had been re-wired for 60 Hz instead of the original 25 Hz. Never could figure out some of the old 25 Hz stuff ....

Bob