[time-nuts] Naval Jelly at home depot 25-35% Phosphoric acid

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 18:11:31 UTC 2010

A bit back there was quite a discussion on soldering nichrome wire and other
wires.
Phosphoric acid seemed to be the key.
Finally was able to stop in at home depot and 8oz cost $3.99. Its in the
paint section called naval jelly from loctite.
As so many commented in the thread. Fun to watch the clerks response to even
naval jelly. Dohhh is the best description.
I looked at the grout haze remover and that was actually sulphuric acid.

Looking up the naval jelly msds its 60% water 25-35% Phosphoric acid and
some other stuff. Generally nasty.
Now to find some scrap steel and nichrome wire and try to solder to it. In
an open air place.
Thanks everyone for the clue. Thats whats good about time-nuts.
By the way 8 oz would dry up before you ever use 1-2 oz of the stuff I would
guess. But thats as small as it comes.
Thanks again