[time-nuts] repairing Maser threads

steve gunsel sgunsel at verizon.net
Tue Apr 13 20:43:46 UTC 2010

Doesn't sound fishy at all to me. But I have much experience
stripping threads. It is easy, just make it snug,then a "bit tighter".
Or, the threads could have been damaged by the original installer.
That happens too (just not as often). If the fit was a bit on the
loose side initially, it could look like a lot of the thread remains.
With little stress or vibration, it could remain happily in place for
some time.  Of course, installing the wrong diameter screw with the
correct pitch could do the same.