Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Wed Apr 14 12:15:14 UTC 2010

Dave Baxter wrote:

> I think you'll find that any stray fields from industrial shaker
> systems, are often from the connecting leads, especialy if not correctly
> positioned and layed out.  The internal static and dynamic magnetic
> fields are "Very" well contained.

Not necessarily.  I did some shaker work at one company, and their shaker
magnetized the CRT's on any computer that was within several feet of the
shaker table.  Sadly, the damage was irreparable.  The screens were left
with permanent rainbow splotches here and there even after running a
degaussing coil over the entire monitor.

-Chuck Harris