[time-nuts] And you thought you were old

Reeves Paul Paul.Reeves at uk.thalesgroup.com
Wed Apr 21 07:15:50 UTC 2010

I did the same (a VERY long time ago...) with the OC71. Schoolboy funds
could not reach OCP71 levels. They made good phototransistors until Mullard
found out and started filling the glass encapsulations with a white
compound. Spoilsports :-)
But all you had to do was break the glass and scrape off the compound -
worked fine. I can't quite envisage doing that with a modern equivalent!

73
Paul Reeves    G8GJA