[time-nuts] Simulating Oscillator Noise: Difficulties SimulatingFlicker FM Noise

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Fri Apr 23 02:10:59 UTC 2010

Hi

Back in the late 70's HP was pushing their ADEV test setup to us. They hauled one in (yes indeed more than one box) for a demo. It took them most of the morning to get it in from the parking lot and set up / warmed up / running.

They ran us through a little presentation on how ADEV has two slopes (I *wish* I'd kept a copy...). We brought out some sample oscillators, and ran them through. *Surprise* more than two slopes. I then asked them "what do the other slopes mean?". No answer .... we'll get back to you .... mumble mumble .... They never did get back to me.

Needless to say they would have been a lot more likely to make the sale if they had one of your one page charts.

Bob