[time-nuts] Thunderbolt Power Supply Question

Ed Palmer ed_palmer at sasktel.net
Mon Apr 26 15:49:54 UTC 2010

Hi Paul,

Yes, I've read that page a couple of times, but it doesn't say whether
the Ault, Meanwell, or Acopian power supplies have a 'regulated' or a
'close enough' +12 supply.  I think that the two variable power supplies
would be well regulated.  I can pretty well guarantee that the ATX power
supply has a 'close enough' 12V supply.  But the two variable supplies
are most likely linear while the others are switchers.  This muddies the
question of 'regulated' vs. 'close enough' with the idea of 'switching
supply' vs. 'linear supply'.

Ed