[time-nuts] Z38xx and z3805

mike cook mike.cook at orange.fr
Mon Aug 2 05:48:13 UTC 2010

Hi Bob,
   I have a Z3801A and I am not sure whether the SCIP commands are the
same as for the Z3805A. There must be some differences related to the
channel numbers and serial post configuration at least I would expect. I
think the following apply.

   You need to not only be able to provide a position, as was suggested,
or from a survey, but to also prevent site survey from starting up at
power on. Survey at start is default, at least on the Z3801A, and from
what you say, I suspect your box does the same.
If a position is specified, or the survey completes OK, the unit should
go to position hold mode automatically.
  To check.
:GPS:POSition:HOLD:STATe?

To specify what startup mode you want
:GPS:POSition:SURVey:STATe:POWerup ON or OFF    ON forces a survey.
  to check
:GPS:POSition:SURVey:STATe:POWerup?

If it is turned off the receiver will use the last valid position it
has. This might be the default , (Korea) if the eprom is shot.

hope that helps,
Mike