[time-nuts] 5350A versus 53131A

Peter Vince pvince at theiet.org
Mon Aug 2 12:55:11 UTC 2010

Bonjour Loïc,

     I am very happy with the 53131 and 53132 that I have (the latter
have 150ps resolution, as opposed to the 500ps resolution of the
'131). As well as a GPIB port, they also have a simple D9 serial port,
and can very easily be configured to output each reading down the
serial port, for easy viewing using something like Hyperterm (in
Windows), and subsequent capture to file for later analysis.  Expect
to pay up to €1000 for these.  They do, however, have a small fan that
runs all the time.  This can be slightly irritating in a quiet home
environment, but is lost in the noise of the air-conditioning at work
:-)

     Regards,

          Peter (London, England)