[time-nuts] Remove Pictic boards from envelopes

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Fri Aug 6 15:23:02 UTC 2010

ed_palmer at sasktel.net writes:

You mean  they are tinned?  I received my two boards a couple of days
ago.  I thought that they missed the tinning solution.  There's  just an
occasional splash of bright tin here and there, particularly on  the
back.  The rest looks like oxidized copper.  I haven't tried  to solder
them yet.  Hope the rosin cuts through  it.

-------------
That's what I first thought when mine arrived but found that rubbing with
a soft pencil eraser removed the discolouration to leave them looking
tinned again.
I did notice that some of the non discoloured tinning had a matt finish
rather than shiny as expected so not sure if this was envelope contamination
or  a processing issue.
After buffing with the eraser I washed the boards in warm soapy water  just
to be sure and they continue to look ok.

regards

Nigel
GM8PZR