[time-nuts] No Comment

Steve Rooke sar10538 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 02:39:50 UTC 2010

How about StarTrek time! The time is StarDate .....

The next thing we know, every religion will want it's own time. I'd
imagine that Scientology would currently be running in BS, Before
Spaceship, as they are in countdown for the mother ship to come and
collect them.

:)

Steve

On 11 August 2010 14:28, Daniel Schultz <n8fgv at usa.net> wrote:
> I suppose Islamic time would be similar to the Islamic or Jewish calendar,
> used for timing religious observances, but Muslims living in western countries
> would follow local time derived from GMT for civil and business purposes. Just
> as Muslims and Jews use the Christian calendar for civil purposes. If they
> should succeed in converting the whole world to Islam, then maybe that could
> change but I'm not going to worry about that in my lifetime.
>
> What is the local time difference between Greenwich and Mecca anyway? I
> suppose it's not an integer number of hours.
>
> Dan Schultz N8FGV

Steve Rooke - ZL3TUV & G8KVD
The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.
- Einstein