[time-nuts] On low-voltage TAC/TDCs for a GPSDO

J.D. Bakker jdb at lartmaker.nl
Fri Aug 13 12:12:12 UTC 2010

At 21:08 -0400 12-08-2010, Bob Paddock wrote:
>On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 6:45 PM, J.D. Bakker <jdb at lartmaker.nl> wrote:
>  > To start with the context: I'm planning to use a microcontroller with a
>  > built-in dual 12-bit 2MSPS ADC.
>That sounds like it is an Atmel XMega part.  Do make sure you read the data
>sheet errata section, as some parts in the XMega Ax line have nasty A/D

Well spotted. I do know about the ... idiosyncrasies of some of the
silicon revisions. I'm not yet dead-set on the XMega; the ADuC is
still a contender too, but those come in harder-to-solder packages. I
know the AVR line well from my day job, and its timer/counters with
timestamping of external inputs are very handy for incoming PPS
acquisition, PWM generation for the CV DAC and PPS synthesis. But
nothing's set in stone yet.

                    -- RFC 1925, "Fundamental Truths of Networking"