[time-nuts] What's the latest correct PICTIC II Mouser project?- Heathkid

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Sat Aug 14 12:05:35 UTC 2010

Hi

This isn't my design originally. The 620 ohm resistor in question sources current into a diode stack. The initial current will vary more from the tolerance of the diodes than it will from the 1 ohm change ( or 6 ohm = 1%).

The other resistor sets the range on two pots. The pot's tolerance is >= 5x the resistor's. The new value will give you slightly more adjustment range in some cases.

The simple answer really is that the values for 5% and 1% resistors are different. This being the world that it is, you can get 1%'s in 5% values. I switched systems to find available parts.

The other simple answer is that the accuracy of the design comes more from pot twiddling than from initial resistor values.

Bob